Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crunch Time

With DogCon almost here, it's time for me to update my list. I've decided to settle for a reasonable 3 colour minimum standard. Under this scheme, I shouldn't lose any points. This is because I've pretty much spent two days painting (slowly) my Slann's palanquin to a varied quality. It's been fun but draining. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow with some more photographic updates.
  • Slann's Palanquin
  • Engine of the Gods, Stegadon, Skink Crew and Skink Priest
  • Saurus Scar vet (half complete)
  • 31 Saurus Warriors
  • 3 Terradons
  • 15 Temple Guard
  • 3 Kroxigor
  • 5 Cold One Cavalry (4 to go)
 Things I need to assemble are:

  • Pretty much all 31 Saurus Warriors. I've assembled around 20 so far, but 17 of them have hand weapons and they need spears
  • 8 Temple Guard
  • 2 Terradon. I can't find my 3rd Terradon, which I believe is in Newcastle so if I can find my wallet tomorrow I will order another one from Games Workshop, which hopefully will arrive the day after. Failing that I will borrow one.
  • Engine of the Gods, Engine Skinks and if possible, Skink Chief who belongs to it. If this fails I will simply use my metal Stegadon and call it an engine.
  • Movement trays! I need another 4x5 25mm tray, preferably with magnetic base, as well as a 5 wide cavalry tray, and probably another 4x5 25mm tray for the Slann bunker. I'll also need one for the Kroxigor, oh well ...
On top of all of that, the fore mentioned models will need to be based, painted and flocked. Although it isn't a difficult process, it's incredibly draining and laborious. However those are the things which rushing before a tournament are all about.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it man!!

    You'll have to fix up and finish off your models once Dogcon is over but you can make it!! But we will need photos to make sure you did it :D

    ReplyDelete