Thursday, October 1, 2009

First entry.

Unlike my contemporaries, my chosen layout is not a black or a subdued blue but rather a lime green.

So, today's activities have been:

  • Assembling Temple Guard. I've done approximately 3 out of 17.
  • Spray-gunning a Loyalist Terminator and 5 Tactical Marines.
  • Removal of Saurus hand weapons and replacing them with hands and spears.
Temple Guard are somewhat easy to assemble and are a pretty good kit, requiring very little cleaning up. Their heads are an easier fit than the plastic Saurus heads, so it seems that a lesson has been learnt there.

The spraying went somewhat poorly and a less than ideal result was achieved. I attribute this mainly to the high humidity, which rendered the Foundation Gretchin Green to a thick sticky goop. I resolved this by adding water, but after the first sessions of spraying before cleaning was necessary I decided to call it quits. At the present moment I want to paint them in the colours of an Imperial Fist successor chapter, the Dark Hands.

Back in 2007 and 2008 the advice for assembling Saurus was to use either hand weapons or spears. It didn't really matter thanks to a lovely rule which existed to restrict the effectiveness of Saurus. Now in 2009 this rule is gone and it is a very good idea to have spears. Unfortunately, I have 20 (presently had 20) Saurus assembled with hand weapons. My saw is blunt and damaged and because I'd destroy the model before successfully cutting the arms off with a scalpel or knife, I have decided to clip off the hands which hold the hand weapons and replace them with spears which hold hands. The result is not perfect but it is a solution which does not desperately try my patience.

I've been giving more thought into painting my Slaan. I would still like to paint it a vibrant red which borderlines orange but I'm unsure how to do this.

Tomorrow, perhaps I will be in a position to start assembling more Saurus, Temple Guard or what other whacky Lizards I have.

Edit: Silly me, whats a blog without pictures?


Note: The standard broke off when I moved the model to take the photo. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment