Wednesday, October 14, 2009

On Space Wolves & Status Updates

It has been a pretty busy period for me recently thanks to University and my other hobbies of drinking and chasing girls, but no one needs to hear about that.

Looking through my blogger list of entries, I have roughly 2.5 as many unpublished articles as I do published. Often I'll see something which is interesting to me such as a BOLS entry or an Warhammer observation, type out a reply and consider whether it is worthy reading. Particularly the responses to the BOLS entry could be summarised in simple one or two sentences, but that is more of a reflection on the source material itself. Enough of that though.

Tomorrow I'm going to the lovely Newcastle CBD, where I will no doubt pop by Games Workshop to see what new pretty things they have. I hope to see the new Skaven sprues. I might be able to 'acquire' a Warrior Priest model.

I really think the new Skaven models look great comparing them to the new Space Wolves, I feel they have the right balance of "Awesome" and being thematic. Their new product line doesn't appeal to me because of things that I feel gauche; return of pineapple heads, ridiculous amounts of wolf accessories, questionable unit names et al. I feel that a joke has been had and it is at the expense of the Space Wolves and good taste.

Related to Warhammer Fantasy, hopefully my trip to GW will motivate me to resume work on my Saurus. I have bought my ticket to DogCon. It will be my first tournament so come mid to late January I will be assembling, basing and painting non-stop. The only complete model I have is my metal Stegadon which frustratingly, needs repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment